Sutherland Shire Council (SSC)
KMH was engaged by Sutherland Shire Council (SSC) to perform level 2 and 3 energy audits of their top energy using facilities which included Aquatic and Sport Centres, Administration Buildings, Library, Art Gallery, Works Depot and an Entertainment Centre. The focus of this work was to identify energy efficiency opportunities and to provide guidance for developing energy precinct scale solutions.
KMH’s key focus was on delivering the following elements for SSC:
- Compliance to the Waste and Sustainability Improvement Payments Program (WaSIP) program requirements;
- Mitigation of Council energy cost increases;
- Development of projects to be included in long term investment planning; and
- Build upon historical work completed.
The results of the audits identified:
- 2,457 megawatt hours of electricity savings;
- Over $350,000 in costs savings;
- 2,325 tonnes of GHG reductions;
- Average of 5 year pack back for identified opportunities; and
- Guidance for three possible energy precincts.
The final deliverable to SSC was a consolidated list of all opportunities in priority order available and ready to be slotted into SSC’s budget planning process in order to facilitate implementation.
If you would like to know more about this project, please contact KMH Environmental.