Social Impact Assessment
Governments and the community have increasing interest in what social impacts a project has and how they will be managed. A wide range of factors, including the community profile and social infrastructure, must be taken into account to ensure the social well-being of communities is managed during the planning, construction and operation phases of a project. The lack of a comprehensive social impact assessment can put a project at risk of long-term delay, active community resistance or stringent approval conditions.
Our experienced social impact assessment consultants can work with your organisation to:
- Develop a social baseline to understand the current social context
- Integrate community engagement within the social assessment process
- Undertake social assessment of potential project impacts for planning and approval requirements
- Develop practical mitigation measures for identified social impacts
- Deliver social impact management plans
- Minimise political risk by identifying key social impacts and mitigation measures.
Our team has undertaken social impact assessments in a variety of industries including:
- Major road and transport planning projects
- Infrastructure projects
- Mine and resource sector
- Utilities projects including electricity and water.
To discuss your social impact assessment needs with one of our expert consultants please call us today on 1800 625 211.