Soil Conservation and Erosion Control
Degradation of land and water from erosion is a major environmental issue. KMH have a team of soil conservation, erosion control and revegetation specialists with a track record in helping our clients implement best-practice erosion and sediment control on site.
KMH can provide you with the full range of soil conservation, erosion control and revegetation services from concept phase to on-ground implementation. Our soil conservation and erosion control specialists have worked on a wide range of land and infrastructure development projects, including commercial and residential buildings, linear infrastructure construction (road, rail, pipeline, electricity), mines and quarries, rural land rehabilitation, river restoration, coastal engineering and ports development.
KMH can assist you to:
- Reduce risk of erosion, pollution and litigation from regulators
- Improve environmental performance, credibility and reputation with clients and regulators
- Provide substantial long-term cost savings from doing it the right way, first time
- Reduce clean-up costs and reworks.
Our services include:
- Preparing and implementing baseline soil and water management plans and progressive erosion and sediment control plans
- Developing practical, cost effective erosion and sediment controls that are compatible with construction programs and meet relevant best practice guidelines
- Sizing and designing sediment basins, temporary waterways and outlet protection
- Inspecting, auditing and compliance reporting on construction ERSED controls
- Soil sampling, analysis and interpretation for erosion hazard and fertility assessments
- Water quality investigations to assess impacts of discharge of construction water and other effluents
- Advising on construction rehabilitation programs and revegetation methods
- Rural soil conservation and rehabilitation of degraded lands
- Design of unsealed roads including drainage management and erosion control.
For further information on our capability or recent project experience please contact us to speak to one of our consultants.