Kogarah Council Secondment for Sustainability and Waste Services
KMH Environmental were engaged by Kogarah City Council to provide a sustainability and waste officer in a secondment position to help in attaining their sustainability goals. The officer has assisted with all aspects of sustainability and waste services at Council with particular focus on the implementation of Kogarah’s Energy Management Plan. This includes (but is not limited to) organising and executing sustainability focussed community events, compiling requests to quote, and managing the contractors required to carry out the necessary energy efficiency upgrades. Some of the key achievements to date include:
- Preparation of request to quote documents for a lighting retrofit of ten (10) Council facilities and the project management of the works. This completed work will save Council approximately 160 tonnes of CO2-e per annum
- Preparation of request to quote documents for the installation of a 40.5kW Solar PV system on the Council Civic Centre building and the subsequent project management of the installation works. This project will save Council over 53 tonnes of CO2 and offset 12% of the Civic Centres electricity annually
- Completion of energy efficiency actions from Councils Energy Management Plan
- Organising waste and sustainability events for the community and Council staff to raise environmental awareness
- Assistance with Waste Less, Recycle More projects
Feedback from Kogarah City Council has been positive, and has allowed Kogarah to “expedite projects and the work completed has been of the highest quality and has been an efficient way for Council to maximise resources and minimise budget expenses”.
KMH can provide an environmental consultant to assist in your Council energy and waste obligations and commitments.
If you would like to know more about this project, please contact KMH Environmental.