3 Ideas to help you with your Better Waste & Recycling Deadline
On Thursday 19th of June KMH ran a webinar to assist NSW councils looking for useful projects that are eligible for EPA non-contestable funding (from the Better Waste & Recycling Fund) and would not overload their limited staff resources. As there is some ongoing flexibility around how this funding is spent, these projects continue to be an option for Waste Less Recycle More funding from July 2014 to June 2017.
In order to assist with this, three potential projects that are eligible for the EPA funding and are ready for immediate roll-out have been suggested. In each case:
- The research has been done for you and tools/templates are already in place
- Costs are well understood and can be easily budgeted based on your particular situation
- A minimum of internal project management resources are involved
- The project has been described in a format that can be easily pasted into your project table.
This webinar will teach you how to:
- Utilise technology to streamline household education and engagement
- Introduce a new recycling service for expanded plastics
- Respond to the recent raw mulch resource recovery exemption update
- Implement projects that make a measurable difference
- The full webinar recording
- Sample projects for your project table
- PDF version of the presentations from the webinar
The EPS Guide ‘Your EPS Journey’ and all associated resources can be found on the Educology website (note that you will need to create an account). You can also access the full video from Suzanna’s presentation: Rewarding Recycling. You can also download the updated General Resource Recovery Exemptions. If you have any problems accessing these resources please contact Angus Johnston at email@example.com